What are the ScopeCaps?
The ScopeCaps represent a new, independent product family from Ovesco.
Their range of application extends from the bougienage of stenoses and strictures of the upper gastrointestinal tract to the safe removal of foreign bodies in the gastrointestinal tract.
The following products belong to this product group:
- OTSG Xcavator®
- FBR Set
- remOVE Grasper
- remOVE SecureCap 12
Overview of the ScopeCaps
Endoscopic attachment cap for dilatation of stenoses and strictures of the upper gastrointestinal tract
- Immediate visual control and assessment during bougienage
- Extremely gentle and precise dilatation in millimetre steps
- Time saving due to no need to change instruments
- Resource-saving design saves up to 99% of waste compared to conventional dilatation methods*
*Source: Yzet C, Figueiredo M, Michoud C, Lafeuille P, Rivory J, Pioche M. Ecological impact of endoscopic dilatation using the bougie cap device: a low-tech innovation to reduce waste by 99 . Endoscopy. 2022 Dec;54(S 02):E824-E825. doi: 10.1055/a-1838-3860.
Endoscopic grasper for the removal of necrotic tissue, blood clots, food boluses and foreign bodies
- Free working channel, e.g. for additional suction/irrigation capacity and combination with further instruments (e.g. snares, graspers, etc.)
- Conical design with transparent scoops for optimal overview
- Effortless endoscopic insertion through pre-applied stent (Ø min. 15 mm)
- Blunt scoops protect healthy tissue during grasping
Foreign body retrieval set for safe removal of clip fragments and foreign bodies in the gastrointestinal tract
- Easy and safe foreign body retrieval, e.g. also from sharp objects
- Alligator and rat tooth in one grasping device
- Gentle insertion due to long and elastic retrieval cap
- Strong grasping ability for better foreign body capture
Application of the ScopeCaps
ScopeCaps can be used in different parts of the digestive tract. The indications include:
- Bougienage in the upper gastrointestinal tract,
- Removal of necrotic tissue, blood clots, food boluses and
- Foreign body removal in the gastrointestinal tract.