Medical electrical device for fragmentation of OTSC® and FTRD® clips in the digestive tract.
Use of the remOVE DC Impulse
The remOVE DC Impulse is a medical electrical device which allows the fragmentation of OTSC® and FTRD® clips in the digestive tract when used in combination with a remOVE DC Cutter Set.
The remOVE DC Impulse
The remOVE DC Impulse generates a bipolar current pulse. This DC pulse is applied onto the OTSC®/FTRD® clip via the DC Cutter instrument resulting in localized melting and cutting of the clip. The clip is grasped with the DC Cutter instrument preferably at the thinnest parts.
The remOVE DC Impulse is designed to ensure that a direct pulse can only be generated when sufficient contact with a segment of the clip is established. Sufficient contact is indicated through an acoustic signal.
Dimensions and specifications
B) Foot-activated switch with connector cable
C) DC cord in order to connect the remOVE DC Cutter
D) Power cord
|Initial charging||ca. 10 min|
|One-time duration of the impulse during activation||max. 65 ms|
|Interval between activations||≥ 6 s|
|Items per package||1|
Application of the remOVE DC Impulse
- Place the device on a stable surface in sufficient distance to the wall, ensuring that the device can immediately be disconnected from the power supply if necessary.
- Connect the power cord to the remOVE DC Impulse and connect the power cord to the power supply.
- Connect the foot-activated switch and the DC cord to the remOVE DC Impulse.
- Connect the remOVE DC Cutter to the DC cord. In order to connect the remOVE DC Cutter with the DC cord, align the two markings (red and white dot) on both devices in such a way that the white dot on the plug of the remOVE DC Cutter and the red dot on the plug of the DC cord are opposite to each other.
- Activate the remOVE DC Impulse by pressing the ON/OFF switch. The ON/OFF switch lights up to indicate that the device is activated. The status display indicates the charge of the remOVE DC Impulse through green flashing LEDsSuccessful completion of charging cycle is indicated through three short acoustic signals in quick succession. The status display indicates operational readiness through emitting constant green light from all eight LEDs.As soon as all eight green LEDs are constantly on, the remOVE DC Impulse is ready for use.